Tuesday, July 26, 2011

uncharted territory

Today I face the dawn of a new era. I will put on pantyhose and mascara and try to sell myself. Not like that.. I am going to a job interview.  It's the first one in about 11 years or so.  I made "the" muffins for breakfast, as to start off the day right, and have gotten a few minutes of reading in, which I love.  I used a blow dryer, (first time in years as well, I live kind of a casual life) tried out my new Kat Von D tattoo eraser, and will be getting all zipped up into my dress as soon as help arrives.
I had a lengthy conversation with myself in the shower, answering all of the interview questions well, and impressing everyone. (ok, there wasn't anyone, but, you know) Next stop, the International Air and Hospitality Academy, where I have to try and WOW them with my amazingness.  I feel overwhelmed and under confident. I hate being weighed and measured. And judged.  I am needing luck. Lots of it.  Here's hoping for good news.
I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm sure you knocked them DEAD! Keep us posted. I'm so excited...
And the muffin recipe looks SCRUMP! I can't wait until I get back into a kitchen (a kitchen that is MINE) to try it! NUM!

The Man's Trophy Wife said...

I love thinking of you all "Corporate" looking! Cracks me up ... vanilla :) I'm sure you will be getting a call BEGGING you to come to work ASAP ... who wouldn't love you!?