Tuesday, July 19, 2011

bread and jam for me

I love home made raspberry jam.  It might be me very favorite thing of all.  I love the beautiful and amazing color of it, I love the sweet, tangy taste of it, I love the way it gently mounds on the spoon when I scoop it for my toast, I love the jars lined up like little soldiers, wearing ruby jackts on my counter.

I think Frances said it best:
"Jam on biscuits, jam on toast, jam is the thing I love the most.
Jam is sticky, jam is sweet, jam is tasty, jam's a treat.
Raspberry, strawberry, gooseberry,
I'm very fond of JAM!"

Yesterday the sun poked out for a moment, and we went to the farm down the road.  We picked over 12 pounds of raspberries, and this morning I made jam.  It's hard to be unhappy when you have raspberry jam. and Frances.


tiny hands.

they are getting so big.

summer time in a jar

perfect.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Frances said it best, indeed.
That looks YUMMY! I hope you girls picked some for me :)