Tuesday, August 9, 2011

no dice

well, I didn't get the job.  When I found out, I felt a wave of relief. Guess it just wasn't in the cards for me this time.  I didn't have much time to dwell on it, as we have had a very busy few weeks.  I survived the 11th (and most likely last) Blochtoberfest, we had a trip to Klamath, and I sent Layla off to diabetes camp.
Back to my role as SuperMom. I got some school clothes and lunch boxes ordered, and found both of our class supply lists from June. (yay!)  Maggie and I are enjoying some one on one time, and I am looking forward to a few down days before we head to Eugene for Dad's surgery.  Doctor and dentist appointments, and camp outs and picnics will fill our days until the first day of school, which is currently only 21 days away. and counting.  Somehow this seems unfair since we just started having summerish weather. (read as not raining)  I am undeterred, and have lofty plans to plant some greens and herbs in my new front garden beds. Nevermind it's already mid-August, bucking the system is my style, so I am going with it.
In other news, we were recently adopted by a chicken. It really likes corn chips and tortellini.  Layla has named it Brittany. (tell me things like this happen to everyone)  We are trying to make it leave, it is insisting on staying. The cats are absolutely no help. It sleeps on a cooler on the deck and goes peep peep.

1 comment:

Alison said...

You are SuperMom in every sense of the word!