Saturday, May 31, 2008

here comes the sun

today started off rainy (truthfully I didn't see it, I slept way in, until about 10 or so I think-yay me!) but then the clouds parted and the sun came out. We took the family to the Hockinson fun days parade and country fair as per Bloch family tradition, and had a great time. The girls played some games and got Popsicles and we came home. Then we worked outside until the sun went down and are now relaxing and getting ready for bed. Alan got the fire pit area almost finished up and I got lots of seeds planted and reclaimed my mint patch. It was a very productive day, not to mention that we get our "good parent" badge for the day-woohoo. I have been doing yard work every day that it hasn't rained and I have done enough squatting for 3 life times-my legs are sore! I hope it comes out tomorrow too, so we can keep up the momentum--there is so many things to do for this place to be in tip top shape. We are slow and unskilled at landscaping, but keep lumbering along hoping eventually it will all get done and we can sit back and admire our work and finally get to enjoy it instead of working so hard all of the time. (I have heard that this magical time of enjoyment never actually comes, but I hate to think that is true).
ding-pizzas done-gotta scoot.
don't forget the sunscreen!

No comments: