Friday, May 2, 2008

carbs are good

well, kind of. I am noticing that they are about the cheapest form of food, so this month, at least, they are my friend. Next month when I have my regular budget back and have to work off these extra soft bits, I might not think so. (next random issue--and quit laughing about the working out--it could totally happen--it could!)
I was talking to my sister today on the phone, this is new because I usually only talk to other moms, the conversations go like this..."how have you guys been; don't put mud in your sisters hair; yeah, us too, it is good to get outside; I said that stick is not a weapon, it is a magic wand; we are staying home this weekend, I'm so glad to have a few minutes to relax: STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!" this is completely normal to other moms, you figure that only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the things that are said are actually said to you, the rest is (well, let's just call it) parenting-haha. My sister is cute and young and kid-free and was completely lost during the whole conversation. At one point she laughed and said, "I bet you never get bored do you?" Ah-to be bored again, man, what a treat that would be. (give me a brief minute to imagine it-mmmm...almost as good as chocolate--but not quite because I can actually attain chocolate) We had a laugh and I had to admit that the one super things about kids is the constant (we're talking every single second) entertainment. Well, sometimes it is called other things--like last night for instance. Let me paint a picture for you, imagine if you will, it is past 9 o'clock and I'm exhausted. I did like a weeks worth of dishes (leave me alone--sometimes if I leave them long enough they actually do themselves!) and dinner and dessert and we made mothers day cards and various random other little activities, and I need a break. We get the girls to bed--well, Maggie has been going to bed in our bed lately, so she's in there, we get survivor rolling on the tivo, and put my feet up. Then we heard it. What was that? Was it coughing, choking, hmmm--Alan is up and across the room in record time (possibly not land speed record, but close I'm sure) Did you guess? We opened the door and poor baby is sitting in the middle of (MY) bed in a gigantic lake of vomit. It is red on account of all of the strawberries she had just eaten. Here's the weird thing, you eat, say, 1/2 cup of berries, and then puke about 3 cups of yuk--how does this happen?? (IN MY BED!!) She had eaten a big dinner, and then had, oh, I don't know, about 3 or 4 cupcakes with berries, didn't think anything of it at the time. (they were angel food and so it didn't really count anyway) So, I'm on again-bath, laundry, bed time the whole bit-but now it's over an hour later and I'm a little grumpier (haha-a little). For the record--Alan picked up most of it, and I was actually the helper--just a small disclaimer incase he reads this or for those of you that know how it is around here :)


well, you probably didn't miss me, but I was just gone for about 40 minutes. Maggie walks up to me and all shy asks if she can have a bubble bath. (she is already wearing jammies and ready for bed) I sniff the air--not so sweet. Where is her diaper? I check her out-she has definitely just made a deposit--and there is poop on her foot. YIKES!! Now I'm no Nancy Drew, but if someone shows up with poop on their foot, this means that somewhere (probably hidden-fun times) there is a poop trail from where they started the journey. Long story short, I am now doing a huge load of laundry that includes all of the towels and rugs from the bathroom------and she got her bubble bath after all. Now, truthfully, I'm a little bit edgy, but I bet you are entertained-see-I told you.

2 comments:

Erika said...

That's a lot of work for a little entertainment on my behalf. Hope things have cleaned up a bit over there. lol
:)

janina said...

hey-I do what I can..the price for comedy is steep, but worth it. I wish I could just make these things up, but I'm afraid the very best material actually comes from experience.