Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All Aboard!

I wanted to brag just a bit about Mother's day-I got breakfast in bed, and jewelry--both were a big surprise and I don't know which was sweeter. It really made my day, and made me feel special. It was the first time ever that I got breakfast in bed and I think it is my new favorite thing, I will be staying in bed as long as possible every single weekend day and hoping for breakfast to appear on a little tray, while I sleep in. I will keep you posted on how this works out, in case you need to try it as well. I also got the hot dogs I wanted-although this was not much of a surprise as I bought them myself when I went grocery shopping last week. All in all a great weekend, and now the rain is back.
Yesterday my sister called and invited me (and the girls) to come watch as she receives a prestigious award in Klamath Falls this Friday; so we are packing our bags, and tomorrow, boarding the Coast Starlight, to Southern Oregon. I love the train, but I'm a little nervous about the trip. Not to sound like a princess or anything, but it's hard not to have reservations about a trip that I am taking by myself with 2 little girls, and includes a dinner of premade pb&js. Now on a good day this journey only takes 9 hours (give or take about 9 hours), and we are due to arrive at 10pm (about an hour past bed time). I'm guessing the novelty will wear off about 20 minutes into it and I will start hearing things like "I'm bored", "are we there yet" "I miss Daddy" and Layla's recent favorite "this is a disaster". I am taking a big bag of food and entertainment (just like always when I ride the train) and checking the rest, and keeping my fingers crossed. It should be a fun trip, we are going to stay in Klamath for 9 days (kind of a long time to be away form home by myself!!) and then hitching a ride back home with my mom and will be back for the long weekend, just in time to plant my new lawn and flowers. I wanted to tell you about my trip, so you would know (in case you're familiar with Klamath Falls) that I won't be blogging until I get back, there is no internet there and they just recently got electricity and indoor plumbing (well most people anyway)
I will try to tell you about my trip when we get back, but will probably forget as I also have a reduced little span of attention. If anything of note happens I will write it down and then tie it to the neck of a pigeon and send it your way. (this is the preferred method of long distance communication in KFalls) and then someone will probably shoot the pigeon and grill it up on a stump for a potluck--that's kind of how they roll down there. Which is why I love it--you can take the girl out of the sticks............anyway here we go-wish me luck, I'll see you when I do!

No comments: