Tuesday, May 29, 2007

let the sun shine!

It was so beautiful today! We got to play outside all day long. We did some yard work; I reclaimed our mint patch, it was getting choked out by weeds, and was overgrown with last years old stalks that had not been removed. I raked some gravel, moved some branches, and we potted 2 trees that we got a couple weeks ago at the herb festival. Then the girls ran through the sprinkler until they were pruney--very nice. On a hot day it's important to keep hydrated, so I will pass along our new favorite water recipe. (complements of my friend Sarah) Fill a pitcher with ice cubes and cold water, then throw in a few slices of peeled cucmber and some fresh mint leaves. Yum, cool and refreshing. (we are not big fans of floaty things in our water, so we cut and bruised the mint leaves and put them in a largish tea ball, to keep sediment to a minimum) Sarah says this is especially tasty if you skip the cucumber and add fresh lemon juice, sugar and vodka for a nice fresh vodka lemonade-yay! We have plenty of mint, so I will be sure to try that too (it just so happens I have vodka as well-cheers!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good thing you gave me credit for the cucumber water. . it's under patent, you know! Kidding. Love your blog. It seriously is just like a nice little chat with you. Except I get a dose of you and I don't have to come up with any babble to spout. . .hee hee.