Tuesday, May 24, 2011

P is for poop

The end of the school year is upon us, and by the end of next month we will have gotten through our second year of home school!  The girls have their last classes this week (even though we are supposed to continue lessons through June), and Maggie had her last day of kindergarten yesterday.
When we got home Layla spent the afternoon painting printer paper with black paint, and made Maggie a graduation cap, along with an award certificate for her big day.  Maggie wore the cap (once it was dry) and they had a little parade around the living room while humming pomp and circumstance. Very appropriate. (which is new for us. ha)
At long last I got my hot little hands on Maggie's alphabet book, which she has been working on all year. It is amazing (I may be biased, but probably I'm not, and my baby is a prodigy) and I am thrilled to finally get to call it my own!  (you may remember it from this post) The holy grail of kindergarten projects is now mine. I am one happy lady.

P is also for proud, which is how I feel about my girls.  We have made it through another year, and we are all still pretty much intact. I think a pizza party is in order. (with beer. for me.)

and now, because I love you, and it was too good to keep all to myself:

My new favorite thing. 

Q is for Queen
official "you have graduated!" certificate,
 and home made graduate's cap (with tassel). priceless.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ok wait. I had not seen this yet.
I LOVE that there is a "terrific" sticker next to the pooper.
That is terrific in itself.
Go, Mags, Go!!!!!
Love the cap. Strong work, Layla!

Alison said...

P is for PRETTY AWESOME KIDS!
You do NICE WORK!