Saturday, May 7, 2011

mama said there'd be days like this

So the other day, Dad and Alan were at the liquor store to get some libations to help us to celebrate cinco de Mayo.  As they were paying for the goodies, the store attendants were locking up the doors because it was closing time. Apparently the employees were turning away wanna be customers left and right. 
The boys walk out of the store with their bottles in paper bags and a lady comes ripping into the parking lot and swings to a stop next to them. They say the car had the bumper duct taped on, the headlights were all wonky and it was sporting other "home made" fixes as well.  She spills out of the car and runs over yelling "I will give you TWICE what you paid!!" (without even knowing what they have in the bag).  They laugh and Dad jokes "I'm sure we can work something out.." They jump into our car and come home.  Later, (a few drinks in) they are recounting the story to us and expect me to laugh. (ok, I did. a little.) Um, did you hook her up? I asked. No, Alan says.  She was all freaky and strung out. "Who are you to judge? I have had that EXACT same day lots of times", says me. "You gotta help a mama out! "
Turns out he was trying to help out this mama, and was worried I would have a similar reaction if he showed up empty handed. On second thought, great choice. Cheers.  She probably didn't have strawberries for the chocolate/whipped cream/ berry shots anyway.  Better luck next time friend.

No comments: