Wednesday, August 27, 2008

no time to say hello-goodbye.......

I've been gone. Not from home, just from blogging. We have had a really busy time here lately. We have had play dates, a company picnic, I have been busy busy working in my etsy shop, trying to get that to fly, and getting ready for school to start--only 1 week to go.
Layla lost her first tooth on Friday, she was nervous and excited and traded it for a silver dollar to the tooth fairy. (a silver dollar!!! that's like a collectors item!)
Every free minute I have been up to my elbows in wool and buttons and bells and cotton floss, things are going well, I have made a few sales, but not nearly enough to even cover costs yet. I am supposed to get a big batch of beeswax this week and then will be able to get some more candles in the shop, those are a big seller for me. I have a custom order for some beeswax charms for a local waldorf fair, I'm excited about that, hopefully all of our hard work will eventually pay off. I have heard that it takes 3 years of hard work for a small business to turn a profit--hopefully by then, this can just be a hobby for me again-haha. A really cool side affect is that I am learning how to do more things on my computer, and am also learning how to use my little camera really well. I have been taking great pictures and it helps my shop to look great. Maggie loves to help me in my shop and model all of my things, Layla, not so much, so by default she is in less pictures, and then gets cranky. The funny thing is that I ask her EVERY time if she will come do pictures and she always says no. I have ordered a banner for my shop and it should be here soon (the graphic designer has had some technical difficulties this last week) That will help make my shop look a little more put together.
Anyway, just wanted to give you an update, the posts will be less frequent for a while, while all of my energy goes into my shop (and kids and the JDRF walk, and, and and)
My mom, sister and aunts leave in a few days for England, Anna is moving there, never to return, but my mom should be back September 21st, just in time to come up the next weekend and join us in the walk to cure diabetes-woohoo.
ok then-off to bed, I am super tired tonight........

No comments: