Wednesday, July 2, 2008

no tan lines

I love my Aunt Diane, she is a fabulous cook, and I remember her cooking (weird and) really great things when I was younger. She would always put wheat germ in stuff and later spelt and amaranth, she was way ahead of her time. Her yummy offerings always even had better, more fun names than everyone elses. She was the one who introduced me to thinnies (crepes) and tannies (also known to go by blondies or butterscotch brownies), and who still on occasion makes me something super I have never tried before (spinach, garlic, egg salad??) Aunt Diane, hats off, you will always be my kitchen guru.
with much love I share with you the recipe of the day:

Tannies
(0ven to 350*)
1 C butter melted
2 C dark brown sugar packed
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
pinch salt
chocolate chips
walnuts (opt)

1) grease 9X13 pan
2) mix butter & sugar until smooth
3) add eggs and vanilla "
4) add salt and flour "
5) mix in chips & nuts
6) pour into pan and bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Please in the name of all that is holy, do not over bake your tannies. Everyone loves a little bit soft centered goody, do not, I repeat, dry out your tanny or your baking license will be withdrawn. (and a swift kick will be issued in it's place--this is nothing to joke about)
7) cool on rack and try not to eat entire pan by yourself

this recipe rocks because it probably couldn't be any easier, you only have the one bowl for prep and the baking pan, it is super yummy and you probably have the ingredients sitting in your pantry right now--go check.
Do you have them? Good, go now and make some tannies, then sit back and enjoy the sweet warm halo that encircles your head and the pleasant glow cast upon your wrinkle free face because of your efforts. (isn't it cool how wrinkles disappear when your cheeks get a little chubby? I love that!)

1 comment:

Erika said...

Beef, I'm catching up on your blog. The tannies look good but I think the flour is missing from the ingredient list. Please fix it so I can make them!!!!!
xoxo