Tuesday, July 8, 2008

hot fun in the summer time

so it is 10:21 and the kiddos aren't asleep yet. This is one of the reasons that summer is hard, the sun doesn't go down until about 10pm and until it is dark, no one believes that it is actually their bed time. Instead they think you are maliciously trying to get them out of the way while it is still day light, and they will miss some spectacular adults only party that will happen the minute they drift off to dream land. (note to kids: spectacular, adults only parties usually take place in the dark, just so you know)
We went over to have a little after dinner visit with some friends tonight and hang out. We got to check out their fabulous garden and engage in all adult conversation for about 2 hours-wow, I think that may be some kind of record. The kids are getting big enough so that they can play together and also try their hand at conflict management (if not complete resolution), and we can relax a little if we are still within range of sight and scream. It was awesome-the night was beautiful, the kids were pretty well behaved, now if they'd just get to bed, we'd really be getting somewhere!
Just wanted to weigh in (haha) on the posted tannie recipe, it was ok, got pretty high marks from Alan, but honestly not my favorite, and not the recipe I am familiar with. I will stay on the hunt for my recipe (not google's) and let you know when I make a new batch if it's better, or if everything just tastes better when you're 7, which might very well be the case.
Looking forward to another great day tomorrow of splashing in the pool, reading a book and then finishing up with a game of bunko--I'm pretty sure it's my turn to win. I guess it depends how you classify "winning" I get a night off, someone else cooks me dinner and cleans up, and I get to mess around and possibly leave with some money at the end of the night--oh yeah, I win.

No comments: