Monday, June 16, 2008

2 blogs are better than 1

ok, maybe not actually. I thought I blogged here about my upcoming Olympia trip, but apparently it was on my other (private) blog, which you are probably not able to read--oops. Well then, let me catch you up to speed. On Friday Alan came home at noon and my good friend Sarah and I caught the train to Olympia to spend the night with Aunt Wendy (not my aunt, but somebodies, and that's what she answers to, so that's what we call her) We snuck some cheap beers on the train and were having a great time heading out on our mini vacation. I have had a few mini vacations lately, and they might be one of my favorite things. For a trip to count you can not bring more than a back pack, and it has to be less than 48 hours, oh and you have to leave your home county--otherwise I don't know what it's called, but it doesn't quite count for mini vacation status. We were girls on a mission-there is a big market on the day after graduation and it is called Super Saturday. I hate to condense it, but the weather was great, the fair was awesome, we got some cool stuff and came home. I do want to mention that I saw a 300 pound man wearing nothing but a longish tutu made of purple tulle and dancing while waving 6 foot tall white feather angel wings (possibly the highlight of the trip). The point was to make it home in time for fathers day--and we did.
I got to spend fathers day with a few of my very favorite fathers. There are a few men I know that are great husbands, amazing dads, and well, basically just a little better than most every body else. Alan of course is at the top of the list, but my good friend Tyler is also high at the top, we got to have a barbecue with both of them and Tyler's dad, and it was a really great day. We ended with a fire in our new fire pit. Alan got a "SuperDad" shirt and a weed whacker--what more could a man want? We have been having fantastic weather lately and got some of our garden planted (about a month later than usual-yikes). It has been great, but is supposed to turn again soon, hopefully we can finish up before the rains come, and they can water our new plants for us.
you're all caught up now; we'll do something entertaining soon so I can tell you all about it, until then........

No comments: