Friday, June 15, 2007

we passed the test

just wanted to give you an update:
we went to Layla's endocrinologist the other day, and we are keeping pretty good control of her blood sugars. We get a blood test once a year to check for other auto immune diseases, (since she is predisposed to auto immune disorders) and our latest tests came back negative-yay!! So for now, just diabetes, and a strict no meat/ no dairy diet. I tried not to get to worked up while we were waiting for the test results (which they send you in the mail) thinking what on earth we would I do if she had celiac and we couldn't have wheat or any form of wheat gluten any more. Thankfully I can put off that thought until next year at least. Now it is time to start fundraising for the JDRF walk, it is the hardest time of year for me. I can do holidays, birthday parties, almost any other stressor is doable, but this, almost 3 months of thinking about the disease and it's complications all day, every day, is quite overwhelming. So, I will be close to (if not in) tears most days now, and put in the awkward position of asking friends and family to donate money to our cause. This year I am a walk committee chair person, I am in charge of the family teams (which are all teams not corporate) so there are a few extra items on my plate. I really think we can make a difference, which is why we volunteer and try so hard. I have to believe that, some days hope is all I have. If you can join us for the walk, that would be amazing, we really need the support; physically, emotionally, and financially, otherwise, I'm sure you'll hear from me soon asking for a donation. so, until then.........

No comments: