Thursday, August 25, 2011

read the label

As a parent, you try not to label your kids. (right?) But it happens. Layla is the oldest, she is smart, outgoing, and independent.  Maggie is the baby, she is cute and cuddly and funny.  Not that Layla isn't funny, she is, but her sense of humor is more reserved than say, mine, or that of Mini Me.  Sometimes she surprises me.
This just happened.
Layla was at the kitchen table playing magician. She was wearing a magical cowboy hat. (obviously)  She was doing card tricks for her audience (her American Girl Hazel).  I heard things like, "pick a card, any card. Ooooh, you got the 17 of penguins!" (hah) Then I heard her tap dance to the bathroom and call out..."AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK!!  I WILL NOW MAKE THE WASTE FROM MY BODY DISAPPEAR!!!" then a flush and "TAADAA!!"

Pure awesome. I love that girl. Guess I should look closer at the labels. Word. Lesson learned.

No comments: