Monday, June 13, 2011

answers to the name of Lucky

Have you ever seen the poster about the poor dog? I feel really "lucky" most days. I find myself hanging on by a thread, but in the end, still so happy to be living it. All of it.

My grandma tells a story of a bunch of people seated around a table. They are all heavily burdened, and decide that possibly they would rather have someone elses problems than their own. A swap is organized. Everyone puts their problems and worries out in the middle of the table to trade away, and in turn choose a new set to call their own. When they can see what the others are dealing with, eyes bulge, jaws drop, people gasp. Then quickly and quietly, they all gather up the burdens that they came with, and leave as fast as they can.

I get it. It's a good reminder.  Sometimes it's harder to see the big picture when you are so focused on your own stuff.  This last month has really felt like a trial, but things are slowly but surely shaping up. (Thank goodness!)  Hopefully soon the sun will come out for a longer stretch and I can spend some nice time outside breathing fresh air.  I have some fun things planned for us for the summer break and have lots to look forward to in the coming months.  Once again I am reminded about perspective, and how even though when times are tough, I have so much to be thankful for.  I am indeed lucky, and have the scars to prove it. What I have been reminding myself lately, is to enjoy the journey. It's long, and it's winding, but if I take a minute to appreciate the scenery, it is absolutely, breath takingly beautiful.

I love you Gram! (thanks for the reminder)

2 comments:

Alison said...

So true, so true.
What a wise granny!

Hang in there, Lucky!

mwdsac said...

Your Gram sounds like my Grandmother. Keep the good things in your life in front of you then the bad things fade away.