Friday, May 7, 2010

time flies!

On Tuesday Maggie climbed to the top of the 25 foot high rock wall at the Y. Yesterday evening Layla mastered riding her 2 wheeler (with no training wheels) and no help from Dad at all. It was a big day. Today I took Maggie to get her first manicure and pedicure as a special treat, and when we got home, she informed me that her tongue could move one of her teeth. She has her first loose tooth. Layla is quickly becoming a fluent reader, understands the concept of division, can do her own injections, and can make pancakes all by herself. Maggie gets herself dressed, brushes her own teeth and can make her own peanut butter sandwich. All of the sudden, my babies are gone, and they have been replaced with big girls. I guess I knew this day would come, but I always figured there would be some sort of grace period. Not blue toe nails, and a 2 wheeler, and a loose tooth all in one day. Good thing it's Friday. I need to sneak in lots of snuggles before they start packing for college.


No comments: