Friday, April 16, 2010

dry run

this morning I woke up extra early and dragged my friend Lorilee to Old Navy with me for a super shopping extravaganza! I could get 50% off of everything I could cram into a cute (read small) provided shopping bag. Well, it just so happens that I need some fun and sassy summer stuff (for summer and MEXICO which is coming up in less than a month). We got there early since the super sale was only available to the first 50 customers through the door (we were # 7 in line-haha, guess I was excited). After waiting in front of the store for over an hour, they finally let us in to shop. I found all kinds of Janina-licious goods, and crammed them in my tiny bag. I ended up with about 6 times the amount that would fit into my little bag, but somehow was able to use the force to charm the checker into using the discount for all of my goodies, (and Lorilee's--she was just as successful as I was), and we left giggling with hands full of bags, and the afterglow of a good shopping high.
A little later I had the grand notion to pack my new (and incredibly awesome) backpack for a dress rehearsal. I put in my new tiny lap top, (for writing my book, so I can make my first million), and all of my new clothes, and there was still a little, tiny bit of room left for my passport, and my quart sized zip top baggie full of 3.4 oz bottles of liquids,lotions and/or gels. I have been wearing it around ever since. Wish you were here to see it. It is a thing of beauty. (If it gets too heavy for me on the trip, I plan to make Alan wear it on his front like a baby, while wearing his own back pack on his back. I will be the cute one by his side, wearing the fab new summer clothes, taking pictures of nothing in particular, and singing mariachi. OLE!)

1 comment:

mamakopp said...

we totally rocked that Old Navy.... ha ha :D