Friday, August 7, 2009

you can't always get what you want....

so, I have heard say that the economy is in the tank. I think this may be true, I have heard it more than once. One thing that is hard about low funding is that you want more things, and you get less things. I am wanting a new camera really badly. I want a nice camera really badly. One in particular, and it is more than clear (from it's price tag alone!) that this is something that won't be happening for me any time soon. I have this little ache inside, a longing, it reminds me of when I was little, and more than anything wanted a cabbage patch kid. Everyone had one, I remember the sweet smell of the plastic face, the feel of the yarn hair, everything. Then in Junior high, I wanted to date Nelson (hair band, twins, blond, you remember) either one, didn't matter to me, just to have the love and affection of one of these beautiful boys. More than anything. I remember one particular day, I found out that they were playing a concert in Medford, a mere hour from where I was, and my heart hurt. I was in physical pain. Oh, to be 12 again, to have my biggest worry be about my hair, or a math quiz.
I really want the camera, and it will happen, sometimes wanting something badly makes the getting all the more sweeter when it finally happens. The reason I want the camera is so I can take lots of pictures of my girls, they are growing and changing so quickly, I don't want to miss anything (or to be there, only to forget about it afterwards--like I do).
We have food and our health, and our beautiful life happening around us -which we are trying to live to our best every day. This is more than enough.
....and if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. (ah yeah)
update-I never hooked up with either Nelson brother, but my friend Jen did get me a cabbage patch kid for my 28th Christmas....life is good.

No comments: