Wednesday, August 26, 2009

early bird

I have had a super busy summer. Possibly the busiest EVER (for me anyway). I think I am needing a week or 2 of uninterrupted sleep and rest (a tropical island with the aunties sounds just perfect) to be up to my old self again. As I was getting a few more minutes of sleep this morning, Maggie snuggles up to me in bed and says, "I have a tummy ache" aw-poor baby "why don't you try sitting on the potty?" (sage mama advice) "Why don't you try getting me some breakfast, probably I am just hungry" (if you are familiar with Maggie in the morning, you know that she asks for, and receives, no less than 2 or 3 breakfasts each and every morning, she calls them breakfast, second breakfast, and snack) I roll over to see what time it is (breakfast or otherwise) it is not yet 7am. "You are quite the early bird aren't you?" to which she pulls off my warm covers and says "no mama! you are just a late bird". indeed.

We are trying to get back into they groove of regular life, with bed times and coffee breaks and every other predictable thing that it brings. Have I mentioned that I am a fan of predictable? We have started easing into our first year of home school with some work books for review, so far the girls are loving it. We have also been focusing on brushing teeth and hair and washing up in the mornings (you know, things that kind or got rushed through when we had to get ready at mach speed in the mornings) So far, so good.
We have one last big event of the "summer", the JDRF walk is taking place on October 4th this year. The walk is always kind of a crazy time around here, fund raising is a pain (literally) and organizing everything is kind of a lot. But it really is a great cause and Layla gets to be a celebrity for a day (or so she is convinced), and this year the AUNTIES are coming to walk. First time ever in person, though every year have been our biggest supporters and ghost walkers, we are super excited to have them with us. They are even staying for a visit, we are really excited (even though we have already gotten to see them quite a bit this summer-we are spoiled, and will take as much auntie as we can possibly get) If this was a picture blog, I would constantly be showing off my aunties-they are 2 of my very favorite people on the planet. Since it is not a picture blog (I am not tech savvy enough to figure it out--Erika-any help?!) you can meet the aunties in person at the aforementioned JDRF walk taking place on October 4th. (did you get that yet?) Maybe I am circle talking because my mind is completely used up or because I am just this shade of crazy, or maybe, just maybe, it's because the JDRF walk is coming up (October 4th) and no one (but the aunties) are registered yet, and it is kind of a big deal.
ok, time to hike and journal (or maybe just get a second cup of coffee and referee the girls in the kickboxing match that looks immanent)
catch you the next time.....
ps-we survived the 9th annual Blochtoberfest. It was awesome. I know I am getting older because every year it takes longer to recover. At one bonfire I casually mentioned that next year would be the last one, you know, 10 years is a long time to party. You should have heard the instant and passionate response. wow-needless to say, people will show up whether they are invited or not. Not sure if that's good or bad, guess I'd better just embrace it. I didn't really mean it would be over-I was just hoping that it would be happening in Mexico. A girl can dream.(or drink-either way is fine with me)

No comments: