Thursday, July 26, 2007

livin' on love

The guys came on Monday to start installing my new siding, my house was to look amazing (or almost) here shortly. Instead, we have extensive damage that needs to be replaced, so not only does my house look in shambles (we had the front deck removed for the siding install and now there is no access to my front door) but will not be fixed for quite some time. We need to get dry and wet rot fixed and we also have quite an enormous colony of carpenter ants living here with us. We are currently having numbers worked up to the price of all of the repairs and also, the cost to remove this house and built a new one from scratch. So, you say, is Janina a bit stressed-the answer to that my friend is a resounding YES! However, besides doubling our mortgage payment, and living in our garage for about 6 months or so, there is an upside. (I know--always the optimist) I will get new carpet and counters, which I have always wanted-so yay me.
Also, Alan has taken this opportunity to show me once again how amazing he is and how blessed we are to have him, so truly it could be worse. Just think, someone could be sick--worse, I could be pregnant--WAY WORSE!! (sorry if you've already heard me talk about this, I need to keep it on play on an inner loop, as my pep rally, so I don't completely crumble) So to fund new and big life changing project we need to sell everything we have of value-fun. As if I don't have enough projects going on right this second! If we have anything you want-let me know, I might could get you a 2 year old--cheap! Just kidding (kind of)

No comments: